The Florida Public Transportation Association (FPTA) is one of the most active state transit associations in the nation. FPTA is a nonprofit association whose members include every major public transit agency in Florida as well as interested citizens and businesses. FPTA’s membership is composed of 40 urban and rural transit systems, including, two (2) commuter railroads, a heavy-rail commuter system, and two people mover systems. Many members also conduct paratransit operations to meet ADA and state requirements.
Florida Transit Quick Facts*
*Based on 2019 data from the Florida Department of Transportation’s 2020 Florida Transit Information and Performance Handbook
- Annual Fixed Route Ridership = 218 million
- Annual Paratransit Ridership (reported by the CTD) = 11.4 million
- Number of FPTA Transit Agencies = 40
- Fixed Route Operating Budgets = $1.354 Billion
- Average Trip Length = 5.87
- Average Fare = $1.05
- Farebox Recovery Ratio = 16.82%
MISSION STATEMENT – To continuously support and improve public transportation and improve mobility options in Florida through advocacy, innovation, education, and partnerships.
VISION STATEMENT – FPTA is the leading force in supporting Florida’s public transportation and mobility industry.