FPTA Call for Presentations
FPTA is seeking session proposals that reflect innovative, cutting edge content. Presentations should provoke discussion and audience engagement, as well as facilitate knowledge transfer and the development of new skills.
Due to the volume of speaker applications, we cannot schedule briefing calls or respond to individual inquiries.
The deadline to submit a presentation(s) has been extended through close of business Monday, June 21, 2021.
If you are a vendor (Business Member), you will only be considered if you team up with a transit system to present a session on an innovative idea or best practice you have implemented with the agency.
Please review all of the information below before submitting your presentation for consideration:
I have never presented at this event before. What is expected of me?
Attendees invest time in their day to participate in conference sessions. They expect that presenters:
- Will prepare for their event prior to presenting.
- Have a significant knowledge and expertise of the subject area, and have sufficient presentation skills to effectively communicate.
- Will engage and inspire the audience so they come out of the presentation buzzing with thoughts and ideas.
What topic should I submit for consideration?
We are looking for a wide array of topics that are innovative, engaging, inspiring, and informative for Florida’s transportation professionals. Our goal is to offer relevant, timely education and training to help attendees do their jobs more effectively and make their agencies more successful. Proposals should address contemporary or emerging issues confronting the public transportation industry/profession.
What is the typical length for a session?
Sessions are almost always 60 minutes long; allowing 45-50 minutes of content with 10-15 minutes for Q&A. Panel sessions may be slightly longer, but please plan for a 60 minute session.
Do I have to submit my presentation proposal online?
Online submission of proposals is required. Email submissions will not be accepted or reviewed.
What happens if I do not have all the required information to complete my proposal?
All proposals must be complete by the deadline in order to be considered. We ask that you not submit a proposal until you have complete information.
How will I know if my proposal was submitted successfully?
Once you have finalized your submission, an email confirmation will be sent to you confirming receipt of the presentation proposal. Before you submit your proposal, please make sure all steps have been completed and an email address is used that you check regularly.
The Fine Print
- If selected, speakers are required to register for the event as an attendee.
- Speakers do NOT receive a complimentary registration, unless specifically approved by event organizers.
- Speakers also cover their own travel, accommodation, etc.
- Spaces are limited and some proposals may be considered for an FDOT sponsored program managed by CUTR.