Florida Transit Leadership Program
- Friday, March 4th - application period opens
- Friday, April 22nd - deadline to submit application
- By end of May - applicants notified of acceptance; hotel reservation information provided
- June 1st - pre class video call
- June 26th - class begins; $200 tuition payment due
The Florida Transit Leadership Development Program is a professional development program designed to develop and support those experienced managers and leaders aspiring to hold senior and executive leadership positions. The curriculum was designed to be used with both emerging and existing leaders and is intended to be used to expand leadership capabilities in any participant for their current and future roles with any organization.
The course will include:
360 Degree Leadership Survey
This course is delivered with a “ticket of admission.” It includes the 360 feedback survey report and a culminating activity; which is a presentation by each student describing what they have learned about themselves, their organizations, and their commitment to action for change.
Part 1: Self-Management
Increase self awareness
Part 2: Leadership Fundamentals
Increase awareness of how human factors influence interactions between people
Part 3: Leadership Engagement
Influence interaction to a greater level of engagement within teams
Part 4: Leadership Application
Demonstrate application of topics in culminating activities
Participants will be selected based on their current performance and potential and their willingness to seek additional self-awareness into their leadership behaviors.
For an employee to participate in the Transit Leadership Program the qualifications are:
- Must be in “good standing” with your transit system
- Must be a full time, permanent-status employee (not on probationary status)
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, with a preference of all years of supervisory experience in the public transportation industry
- Must have a minimum of three subordinates
- Must fill out and submit the approved application
- Must submit a recommendation from the Director/CEO/General Manager of the Transit System
NOTE: FPTA member organizations can submit only one candidate per division as your applicant for the FPTA Transit Leadership Class of 2022. Please specify which candidate is your primary choice for the program. The Committee will be selecting no more than 20 participants for the course. And, to hold the class, at least 10 people must be approved.
The program tuition fee is $200.00. This includes the leadership workshop sessions, 360-degree feedback report, workshop materials, and most meals.
The tuition payment is due prior to the first day of the course or no later than June 26, 2022.