Florida Transit Leadership Program
The Florida Transit Leadership Development Program is a professional development program designed to develop and support those experienced managers and leaders aspiring to hold senior and executive leadership positions. The curriculum was designed to be used with both emerging and existing leaders and is intended to be used to expand leadership capabilities in any participant for their current and future roles with any organization.
This course has been delivered with a “ticket of admission” which includes the 360 feedback survey report and a culminating activity which is a presentation by each student describing what they have learned about themselves and their organizations and their commitment to action for change.
Participants will be selected based on their current performance and potential and their willingness to seek additional self-awareness into their leadership behaviors.
The learning experience involves:
- Completing a 360 degree leadership assessment in advance of the leadership program
- Reading assignments in advance of the leadership program
- Attendance at a four-day session in Orlando, Florida on June 27-30, 2021.
The Transit Leadership Development Program was developed using five overarching topic areas, organized within the curriculum as modules. The five modules are:
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Leadership Engagement
- Leadership Competencies
- Leadership Application
The following qualifications for an employee to participate in the Transit Leadership Program are:
- Must be in “good standing” with your transit system
- Must be a full time, permanent-status employee (not on probationary status)
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, with a preference of all years of supervisory experience in the public transportation industry
- Must have a minimum of three subordinates
- Must fill out and submit the approved application
- Must submit a recommendation from the Director/CEO/General Manager of the Transit System
NOTE: FPTA member organizations can submit only one candidate per division as your applicant for the FPTA Transit Leadership Class of 2021. Please specify which candidate is your primary choice for the program. The Committee will be selecting no more than 20 participants per course, and to hold the class, at least 12 people must be approved.
The program tuition fee is $200.00, and the cost of travel expenses, to attend the Transit Leadership Program. Tuition fees include leadership workshop sessions, related workshop books & materials, and some meals.
- May 7th - deadline to submit application
- Week of May 24th - applicants notified of acceptance and 360 surveys launch
- June 4th - hotel reservation cut-off date
- June 11th - $200 payment due by applicants
- June 14th - 360 surveys close
- June 27-30 - Florida Transit Leadership Program in Orlando