Florida Transit Leadership Program
2023 Important Dates
- Friday, March 10th - application period opens
- Friday, April 21st - deadline to submit application
- By end of May - applicants notified of acceptance; hotel reservation information provided
- June 25-28th - class held in Orlando; $200 tuition payment due by June 25
The Florida Transit Leadership Development Program is a professional development program designed to develop and support those experienced managers and leaders aspiring to hold senior and executive leadership positions. The curriculum was designed to be used with both emerging and existing leaders and is intended to be used to expand leadership capabilities in any participant for their current and future roles with any organization.
The curriculum includes the following topics:
Part 1: Self-Management
Increase self awareness
Part 2: Leadership Fundamentals
Increase awareness of how human factors influence interactions between people
Part 3: Leadership Engagement
Influence interaction to a greater level of engagement within teams
Part 4: Leadership Application
Demonstrate application of topics in culminating activities
Upon completion of the course, participants will launch a 360-degree feedback process. This process results in a report that will be provided to each participant in a one-hour coaching session with the facilitator within 30 days of completion of the class. In this session each participant will have an opportunity to discuss observations, experiences, and examples of application of the new skills learned in the course.
Participants will be selected based on their current performance and potential and their willingness to seek additional self-awareness into their leadership behaviors.
For an employee to participate in the Transit Leadership Program the qualifications are:
- Must be in “good standing” with your transit system
- Must be a full time, permanent-status employee (not on probationary status)
- Must have at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, with a preference of all years of supervisory experience in the public transportation industry
- Must have a minimum of three subordinates
- Must fill out and submit the approved application
- Must submit a recommendation from the Director/CEO/General Manager of the Transit System
NOTE: FPTA member organizations can submit only one candidate per division as your applicant for the FPTA Transit Leadership Class of 2023. Please specify which candidate is your primary choice for the program. The Committee will be selecting no more than 20 participants for the course. And, to hold the class, at least 10 people must be approved.
The program tuition fee is $200.00. This includes the leadership workshop sessions, 360-degree feedback report, workshop materials, and most meals.
The tuition payment is due prior to the first day of the course or no later than June 25, 2023.