All of FPTA’s membership categories are organization-based, so any employee of a member company receives the benefits of membership. FPTA’s online membership directory lists all member organizations with one employee designated as the Primary Contact for the membership.
- Lobbying representation at the state level with advocacy efforts, including visits to legislators and testifying before committees and other rule-making agencies.
- Opportunities to guide the Association by serving on one or more of our standing committees.
- Access to invaluable updates on the industry in our Executive Director’s Weekly Update e-news alert.
- Share your transit-related news with your peers by submitting articles for selection in our quarterly printed newsletter.
- Professional development, training and networking opportunities through our events and workshops.
- Annual FPTA Awards to recognize excellence in both system and individual categories, as well as Marketing-specific Awards.
- Access for transit-specific marketing-related employees with our members-only Florida Transit Marketing Network group and listserv.
- Reduced participation fees for members.
FPTA offers a variety of events throughout the year including:
- Florida Triple Crown Roadeo – held annually in the Spring (April 19-20, 2024). Vendor tabletops/sponsorships available for members only.
- Professional Development Workshop – this annual training is available to ALL FPTA members.
- Florida Transit Leadership Program – held annually in the Summer (in June) and available to Corporate member employees only. This program is designed to develop and support those experienced managers and leaders aspiring to hold senior and executive leadership positions.
- FPTA Annual Conference – held annually in the Fall (Triennial EXPO September 22-25, 2024 in West Palm Beach). Vendor booths, vehicle displays, and sponsorships available.
FPTA prints a quarterly newsletter with advertising available to members only. Members may purchase one or more ads throughout the year.
Ad prices range from $75 for a Business Card size ad up to $400 for a full page.
Learn more by clicking here.
Business Class: Vendors
Reserved for organizations engaged in supplying goods, services, or professional consultation to the public transportation industry. Flat rate dues – $300
Associate: Non-Vendor Entity
Reserved for non-profit associations, individuals, community supporters or planning organizations. Flat rate dues – $150
Reserved for government agencies who operate any form of organized, fixed route public general transportation service within the boundaries of the State of Florida; including those also designated as the Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC). The dues scale is based on a tiered system.
Budget between $4 million – $36 million. Annual dues are based on (0.00055) times the fixed route operating budget (previous fiscal year) annually.
Budget is less than $4 million. Annual dues are based on (0.00055) times the fixed route operating budget (previous fiscal year) annually.
All Trolley systems and non-fixed route, Community Transportation Coordinators (CTC). Flat rate dues at $500 annually.
Section 5310 & 5311
Reserved for providers who are not the CTC and do not provide Fixed Route services. Flat rate dues at $250 annually.