FPTA is one of the most active state transit associations in the nation. Florida is the third most populous state and has a fixed route bus fleet of over 3,400 vehicles. FPTA’s membership is composed of 40 urban and rural transit systems, including, two (2) commuter railroads, a heavy-rail commuter system, and two people mover systems. Many members also conduct paratransit operations to meet ADA and state requirements. Florida’s total transit operating budget exceeds $1.313 billion with an annual passenger trip count of over 230 million per year.
Benefits for Members Only
- Advertise – reach your target audience by advertising in our quarterly newsletter.
- Networking – there is no better way to meet the directors, board members, and key employees of Florida’s public transit systems than through your membership in FPTA.
- Recognition – FPTA’s online membership directory lists all members including Business Class members. It is seen and used by virtually everyone in Florida connected to the transit industry.
- Annual Conference (Next from September 18-20, 2022 – FPTA conducts one of the premier state annual conferences exceeding over 500 registrants. Many Business Class members participate in the program. Every third year we have an EXPO year, where vehicle displays are allowed and featured (next EXPO 2024). Every year we provide for indoor exhibits. Member firms receive discounted individual conference registration fees.
- Annual Florida Triple Crown Bus Roadeo (Next from March 31 – April 1, 2023) – opportunities for tabletop exhibits
- Professional Development Workshop (June) – this workshop is free to all FPTA members
- Board Meeting Sponsorships – a new VIP level benefit limited to 1-2 non-competing Business Class members per Board Meeting. This will allow you unrestricted access to network with FPTA’s corporate members in an intimate setting.
- Communication – each primary business member contact will receive any printed communication including the quarterly newsletter. You may also add additional secondary contacts to receive email only FPTA communication.
The association’s fiscal year is from October 1 to September 30.
Corporate Membership includes government agencies who operate any form of organized, fixed route, public general transportation service within the boundaries of the State of Florida. Agencies which provide fixed route service and are also designated Community Transportation Coordinators (CTC’s) shall be members of the Corporate Class only.
TIER I – any Corporate member whose budget exceeds $36 million and requires payment of FPTA’s maximum dues.
TIER II – any Corporate member whose budget is between $4 million to $36 million.
TIER III – any Corporate member whose budget is less than $4 million.
TIER IV – all Trolley systems and non-fixed route, Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC).
Consists of organizations engaged in supplying goods and services, or professional consultation relating to the public transportation industry.
$300.00 annual dues
Consists of non-profit associations, individuals, community supporters or planning organizations.
$150 annual dues
Section 5310 & 5311
Providers who are not the CTC and do not provide Fixed Route services.
$250 annual dues